Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Apples!

Sorry I've been MIA from the blog the past week. Wednesday I left straight from school to head to the airport for the Reading Recovery conference in Dallas and it's taken me a few days to get back into the swing of things. Here is a quick catch up of what we have been working on:

On Wednesday we used Pebblego.com to do some research on apples. We learned about the different parts of the apple and made these cute apples with labels to show each part:


On Thursday the students read Apples by Gail Gibbons with the substitute. After reading they had to make a flow map showing the stages of an apple tree, then they made an apple using construction paper and recorded 3 facts they learned from the book.


On Friday they read some more nonfiction books about apples, practiced retelling facts, then made these cute tear art apples:


When I got back on Monday I found a great report left by the sub! I'm so proud of everyone for working so hard and showing the sub such respect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment